Thursday, October 15, 2009

The First Kiss

As many of you know, I started a "Being in Love" fan page on Facebook several months ago (we're almost to 10,000 fans, so join us!). For the past few weeks, I've been asking a daily question that has something to do with love and then compiling the stats, mostly for interest, but I also assume that I'll be able to make some interesting comparisons when I ask the same questions a year from now.

On October 14, 2009, I asked, "How old were you when you had your first kiss? Where did it take place?"
  • 57 of 9959 fans responded (.57%)
  • Average age of first kiss = 14.1 years.
Kiss was...
  • Behind something (tree, bush, other): 23.3%
  • At school (playground, bus, other): 13.3%
  • At home (inside): 13.3%
  • On a walk: 13.3%
  • At home (on front porch): 10%
  • During a date: 10%
  • Long tail of other answers make up the rest
I'll look forward to having a larger sample size the next time this question gets asked, but I found it entertaining that so many first kisses were "behind" something. We're just a bunch of giggly kids, eh?

Next time it might be smart to define or clarify "first kiss" as first "serious" kiss or first "playful" kiss... respondents had to make their own choice in this survey.

GO KISS SOMEONE!