Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our Mother, who art for Good.

From the most recent edition of Paulo Coelho's "Warrior of the Light" newsletter...

A silver female statuette, possibly representi...Image via Wikipedia


"Every year the festival at Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer attracts more and more people who have nothing to do with the gypsy community. Why is that? The reason is because God the Father is always associated with the rigor and discipline of religion. On the contrary, the Mother Goddess shows the importance of love above all the prohibitions and taboos that we know so well.

The phenomenon is no novelty; whenever religion makes its rules tougher, a significant group of people tends to seek for more freedom in spiritual contact.

In pagan traditions, the cult of nature is more important than reverence for the holy books; the Goddess is in everything, and everything is part of the Goddess. The world is just an expression of her goodness. There exists many philosophical systems, such as Taoism and Buddhism, that do away with the distinction between creator and creature. People no longer try to decipher the mystery of life, but rather, take part in it."

--

ME? I've never felt it necessary to answer questions about the afterlife. I know that I'd spend a lifetime trying and still have no definitive answers. Life, to me, is as simple as:
  • Doing good; making decisions for the good
  • Being able to forgive
  • Hoping for forgiveness from others
If there is something to answer for after all of this, I'll hope that I've done the best that I could while I was here. You "holier than thou" types, attempting to force your life beset with unbreakable rules onto everyone else, well, enforcing your will on the world will never do anything to impress me. However, if you can bring yourself down to a level of courteous conversation, then I'll invite you in for tea.
Enhanced by Zemanta