Saturday, July 16, 2011

Are you there, Love?

When I've gotten enough sleep, I wake up. Sounds simple, doesn't it? However, there's a huge difference between waking up and actually getting up. I usually only need about 7 hours of sleep and then I'm rested and ready for action. If those 7 hours end around 3 or 4 in the morning, I seldom actually get up. And, when I go back to sleep those crazy dreams get to work.
HereImage by Ramona.Forcella via Flickr

Take, for example, a morning last week. I rolled over after 7 hours of sleep and began to nod off. Suddenly, a female voice screamed inside of my head, "HERE!" Oddly, I knew it was inside of my head (there are times when I'm unsure whether it's inside of my head or in the real world). I immediately snapped fully alert and wondered, "Where?"

I got no answer.

You may or may not know that my book is about the convergence of the metaphysical world with the real world to meet the love of your dreams. That concept stayed with me as I pondered where "here" might really be... there was no other woman in the house, let alone my bed.

So love, if you're really here, shout at me again so I can start walking toward the sound of your voice this time.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: