Thursday, March 05, 2009

Is this what innovation looks like in KC?

Don't get me wrong, I do believe that times of struggle spur greater innovation... after all, we are America and we thrive on a challenge.

But it sounds like the KCADC got together the other night and had a few beers, maybe told a few jokes, but didn't really accomplish anything. Why? Well the KC Biz Journal quoted the president and CEO of the organization as saying the following:

“When we do see it (our next generation of innovators), we are going to know it, and it’s going to be ubiquitous.”

"Ubiquitous," existing or being everywhere, is so Web one-dot-forever-ago, aka not a cool word anymore, but wait... mystical... I suddenly feel the urge to...

CONSULT THE CRYSTAL BALL!

ME: "Oh, Crystal Ball, I already know that the next generation of innovators are going to be everywhere, but please tell me how I will know when they arrive."
CB: "You will know when you know."
ME: "Huh?"
CB: "If you build it, they will come."
ME: "Dude, that was last century."
CB: "Um, sorry. If they build it, you will come."
ME (hugging crystal ball like a new puppy): "AMAZING! I LOVE YOU CRYSTAL BALL!"

Back to the KCBJ story...
"The coalition does not have any specific goals for the initiative. Marcusse said members will sense when it has been successful."
Damn, these dudes must have the same crystal ball that I do. I wonder if... (flipping over the crystal ball)... yep... DRAT...

Made in China.

No comments: