Tuesday, September 01, 2009

A World Where Every Vote Counts

I just had a great conversation with my great friend, Lori Steele, who is the CEO of a company called Everyone Counts. During our conversation, she reminded me of my time in DC at Unity08, where we really believed in this saying, "In times of great need, ordinary people come together to do extraordinary things." You can find a billion versions of this quote, so I'm sure it originated from a great mind, I just don't know (nor do I have the time this morning) who it might have been.

[Sorry Doug Bailey, I'm sure you know off the top of your head.]
Did you know... more than half of the absentee ballots cast by US military personnel never make it to their home district on time? The process is so cumbersome that many never attempt to request the ballot, wait for it to find them and mail it home because the whole process is dependent on using snail mail service.
I asked Lori, "What are the greatest accomplishments for Everyone Counts since you brought this technology to the world?"
  • Our team of extraordinary people together, for one mission, because they believe that every person in every democracy should be able to vote and be confident that their vote will be counted with reliability. It's incredible to see their daily passion.
  • Using our technology to enable soldiers on the front lines of a war to have their votes counted for the first time in history and for allowing the blind to vote independently with our phone voting technology.
  • Finding that government officials will take a risk to push for what's right when they begin to see examples of the security, reliability and transparency that our system presents.
I encourage you to become a fan of Everyone Counts on Facebook... feel free to ask me any questions that you have. I've been following them for quite some time!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]