Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Life Notes

Adapting to a new life in a new place, which is something that I've done a few times before. Today we're expecting a winter storm to salute us with an inch of ice and then several inches of snow. Currently, however, it's sunny as can be... and how true that is, isn't it?

I started reading (for the second time) The Warrior of the Light by Paulo Coelho, and want to share a quote that I wrote in the book from the last time that I read it.
"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, tolerant of the weak, and forgiving of the wrong. Sometime in your life, you will have been all of these." - Lloyd Shearer
On the backside of my first week of work at Rockfish, and therefore, the second page of the aforementioned book does a great job of describing who I am (since I started here one workday after I'd interviewed).
"All the world's roads lead to the Warrior; he plunges unhesitatingly into the river of passions always flowing through his life."
Here's to the treasure of life the sun is giving us this morning... and here's to the wintry playground that we'll receive later this same day. Life changes so quickly, especially when we want it to.