Friday, April 30, 2004

What Day Is It?

As much as I love my Tivo, I've found that it contributes to my inability to determine what day of the week it is. No longer am I able to tell if it is Tuesday, Friday, Monday because I can't wake up and base it on the television shows that we watched the night previous. You see, I work from home. I don't get the daily paper, I receive my news from the 'Net. I don't watch commercials anymore. I don't watch my favorite shows nightly anymore. I wait until they are all recorded and then breeze through them in one or two sittings when I need braindead activity and, if lucky, a giggle, or two. A few weeks ago, I totally missed the time change because of my isolation from the media! I'm so over-focused on national and global events, that I kinda miss something as minute as switching the clocks. Oh well!