Wednesday, September 17, 2008

An RSS Tutorial for My KC Peeps

So you want to be on top of the bigBADbob? Well, who doesn't? But get your mind out of the gutter, we're talking about the BLOG here, people.

RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication". It is a way to easily distribute blog updates to a wide number of people. From your perspective, you can be notified as soon as I write something new on my blog... which we all know is directly proportional to the amount of red wine that is currently circulating through my liver.

I'm gonna make a guess and assume that no one is ready for a feed reader tutorial and that no one is using Thunderbird as their email client. What did you say, BBB? Nevermind.

So, my RSS feed is as follows, you will need this for your email client:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/bigbadbob

If you are using Yahoo! Mail, follow these step-by-step instructions.
If you are using Hotmail, you're on your own... good luck with Microsoft help.
If you are using Gmail, follow these step-by-step instructions.

If you hear Sheneneh Jenkins in your head saying, "Ummmm mmmm, honey, no you didd-ent. I use my own feed reada," then shout out in a comment to the post since you probably don't need any help.

No comments: