Tuesday, November 11, 2008

How You Can Impact Me...

My friend, Steve, always says that there are 3 ways that you can impact him:
  1. Because you can vote.
  2. Because you can drive.
  3. Because you can procreate.
I totally agree. I sometimes wonder if we should have a license for more than just #2. Being uninformed is simply not acceptable. Being an oppressive imbecile is even worse.

This Saturday, 11/15, at the JC Nichols Fountain on the Plaza (1230pm), there is a rally to repeal Proposition 8, which bans gay marriage in California and was passed in the most recent election.

I'm not gay, but I have many friends that are. I don't care what your religious leaders say, I am a believer in love and civil rights. To those of you in California that voted FOR Prop8, shame on you. Shame on you even more if you are or have ever been divorced. That's just hypocritical to claim that you are "protecting marriage."

Fortunately, you can be part of the movement to give human rights back to humans.

No comments: