Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Customer Service Bad Karma: Post #847

Yeah, most of my regular readers know that I get terrible customer service. In this economy, as Steve and I were discussing last night, I'm willing to go out and eat or pay for things more so if they go out of their way to help me. Otherwise, I'll drink MY wine at MY condo and pay much less.

Case in point, M&S Grill on KC's Country Club Plaza last night went out of their way to open up a bottle of wine just so I could have a taste of it. I ended up purchasing the bottle, of course I did!

UPDATES:
  • Yahoo! is going on about 6 months with no response since I told them that I can't FTP to my web site.
  • Match.com, when I told them that my email threads were all twisted up with various ladies' profiles, sent me the generic response, which didn't address my needs and has not gotten back to me since they said they would forward it to the tech team. That was about 3 days ago and my subscription has since expired. No need to renew when I can't read email.
  • Pizza Hut, oh Pizza Hut, I foolishly tried to redeem the $20 credit that the Area Coach gave to me after an order never arrived. No one that I could reach on the order line could find my credit. I tried three times. In fact, the first guy said that he didn't know what I was talking about and straight up transferred me to another agent. Absurdly ridiculous, which is why I went to M&S Grill instead.
  • DirecTV, the bane of my customer service world, after getting transferred all over the country (or so it seemed) and getting disconnected twice, I finally got to a woman that said I was in the right place, but she couldn't help me because I'm not the building owner.
And that, is your CSBK update for November 12, 2008.

No comments: