Monday, July 20, 2009

A Puzzle for the Single Ladies

Years--and when I say years, I mean YEARS--ago, I became single. Somehow, as a Yahoo! employee, I was close to all the "attached" ladies who worked for their Personals product. As I'm sure you can fathom, I was a great test case for their product and for others. Unfortunately, I've never really gotten much from Yahoo!, nor Match.com for that matter, but I've been on Match for most of the the last five years and 4 cities that I've lived in.

(Yes, perhaps part of the problem in finding a mate is my nomadic tendency, I know.)

So, when my latest potential love blew up around me, I didn't really want to get back on Match, but I made my profile public again. I also didn't want to pay for it anymore, so I've spent the last few weeks trying to figure out how to circumvent the system. For those that don't know, if you aren't paying for the service, then you can't read the emails nor see who sent them to you.

It took me three submissions to the customer care team to finally get something published where, for a smarty-pants woman (which is a must for me), I could be found without either of us having to pay for the Match.com service.

Check out my profile and see if you can figure out how she'd contact me without either of us paying...

(PS: It helps to have taken some keywords and built a lot of content around them.)