Saturday, August 29, 2009

Blank: Evil in a Human Box

BLANK. MUST. DIE.

I don't want to be a part of him, but the more that I read, the more I can feel him honing in on me. I'm not sure if he can tell the light from the dark yet. And, I write... I write about the dark, which means that I have to step into it periodically. Well, often, actually.

When he finds me, which side of me will he see?

Will he want to suck the shadow I cast from the face of the planet; suck the mist of me into his nasal passage when he pushes blade past flesh, forces it through sternum and morbidly orgasms when steel meets heart? Or, will he see that I am a Warrior of the Light, one learning about the dark, just like Blank, training for battles against it tilting the scales toward the good... simply by means of my pen?

My pen. His knife. Love-Love. Let the game begin before the rain comes to chase the spectators from their seats.

This week's Blank Digest put me on his radar, for I am the anonymous quote below:
"So. One of Blank’s people made the following comment in a tweet this week: 'Man, that Blank dude is gonna be full-a all kindsa nastiness. I think I will rename him, Pandora.' First. Love the line. It is an interesting take on what has happened to Blank so far. Pandora opened a storage jar (modernized into a box) and let out the evils of mankind leaving only hope inside. I might refer to Blank less as Pandora and more as Pandora’s Box, for in one sense, Blank is a vessel for evils and in his world, hope may be outside of his jar."
Yessss, that's what I meant, because Blank is the box and I want to see what comes out when he opens himself up. Patience, grasshopper.

But for the rest of you, my fair readers, it's time to open up Blank the Graphic Novel so that you, too, can be there when hope and evil fill up the Tank of Blank.

[Besides, the writers are good friends of mine... check 'em out. Good stuff, Maynard.]
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]