Thursday, September 03, 2009

Feeding Chocolate to Angels

Einstein said,

Chocolate Angel Patrons OnlyImage by brylyn via Flickr

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us 'universe,' a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
I like what Einstein said and I thank my Emergent Thought Group for sharing this little nugget of wisdom. What I really like about it is that Mother Nature is a real nasty mofo. "The whole of nature in its beauty" isn't all about sitting around in the golden sunshine and feeding chocolate to angels, nature's theme is survival, is it not? A mighty oak is mighty because it survived, it earned its mighty nature. The Grand Canyon is grand because of persistence over time. The Bald Eagle is bald because it mates for life... oh, wait... never mind (oh, you all know I'm a HUGE fan of true love)... the Great Plains are great because they're the plainest of the plain.

I think you get my drift. Though you might first see Einstein's quote as peace, love and granola, I see it as something entirely different--something real.

And so, I conclude by leaving you with another great quote, this one by Jody Watley,

"Real love. I know I wanna have one. Real love. Gonna try and get some."

Who wants to join me in the fight for survival of the lovest?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]