Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hey Road Runner, meet my BIRD!

Abbreviated chat transcript from my online conversation with Time Warner this afternoon while inquiring about why they raised my internet rates without notification:

Road RunnerImage by chris jd via Flickr
TW: I checked your account to see that the revised rate for internet has been applied.
Me: So, you just raise rates without notification?
TW: You might have received an email.
Me: Might?
TW: Don't worry, you'll get more promotions and offices on your account.
Me: Offices? What the heck are you even talking about?
TW: Sorry for the typo. *offers
Me: Let me get this straight... you raised my monthly bill $5/month, but I shouldn't worry because I'll get more promotions and offers?
TW: Please let me know what you want.
Me: I want you to tell me why you think you can raise my bill without notification.
TW: Please check your SPAM folder for notification.
Me: I don't have a SPAM folder. I run my own mail client.
TW: Contact your local office for a new promotion.
Me: As far as I'm concerned, you ARE my local office.
TW: I apologize, but I don't have appropriate resources to apply a new promotion to your account which will reduce your bill.
Me: Why does the submission form for the chat client ask for my ZIP Code so it can connect me to a local representative if that local representative can't actually help me?
TW: I apologize for the inconvenience.
Me: You've done that about 4 times now. It's not helping.
TW: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: Yes, please remove me from all USPS snail mail direct mailings. You are spamming my mailbox about once per week.
TW: You will no longer receive any marketing email from us.
Me: LOL. Are you a robot? I don't get marketing email as it is. I DON'T WANT USPS DIRECT MAIL!
TW: Done.
Me: ***disconnect***

Who do you think you are... Bank of America? Just add $5 monthly fees wherever you like, we don't care!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: