Saturday, May 05, 2012

Books 11-14, 52bks52wks

11/52: The Long Walk by Rawicz, 2.5/5 Stars
Entertained Me: Med / Made Me Think: Med

It's a true story about a man's walk from a prison camp in Siberia and back into civilization. And, although I enjoyed it, I would have rather it been written in the style of Life of Pi, for it seemed like some of it might have been written in that style already... or he was just one really lucky man.


Cover of
Cover via Amazon
12/52: The Power of Who! by Beaudine, 3.5/5 Stars
Entertained Me: Med / Made Me Think: High

I'm never one for anything that looks or smells like a self-help book, but Beaudine does a great job of teaching through telling his stories, which is far from lecturing, and which is how people tend to remember what they have learned. Basically, the book states that you already know everyone you need to know in order to accomplish the things you want to accomplish--reading it gave me a few ideas that I'm going to implement ASAP.

13/52: Tribal Leadership by Logan, King, Fischer-Wright, 3.5/5 Stars
Entertained Me: Med / Made Me Think: Med

The co-founders in one of my new ventures swear by this as a bible of workplace culture. It took me a few chapters to see what they're talking about, but I'm beginning to look at organizations with the "I, We, World" glasses... and working for the good of the world is definitely the place I want to be.

14/52: The Thank You Economy by Vaynerchuk, 4/5 Stars
Entertained Me: High / Made Me Think: High

I had to remind myself a few times that this book was just written last year because I feel like I've been doing the things that he mentions for many years... and I have, so the validation of my inherent techniques when it comes to the personal and professional ways I operate was wonderful. If you deal with people everyday, you should read this book, and start treating them like you care, care, care.

READ MORE! (Start with this list of my favorite books!)
Follow us at the Twitter hashtag #52bks52wks!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: