Monday, August 04, 2008

Big Props to DirecTV

As I awoke this morning, I received a flurry of emails from DirecTV... 6 to be exact. They were micro-credits which in combination add up to the disputed balance on my account. The sixth email, from Joshua D.:

"After reviewing your account and the information you have provided in your emails, I have taken the liberty of crediting your account for the charges between July 1 and July 7."

Last night, I informed them that I was drafting a letter to the Better Business Bureau and they replied quickly with:

"I completely understand your frustration, and I would like to help resolve your issue without having to involve the Better Business Bureau. While our corporate office responds to any inquiries that the Better Business Bureau forwards to us, we encourage our customers to call or write us directly with their concerns."

I tried that, but something... whether the Twitter-tirade, the emails to tech reporters/bloggers, the comments on blogs, the comments on YouTube, my blog or the constant updates on Facebook and Yahoo! Messenger got them to reassess their stance.

As my former employee @kirstensm tweeted last night, "P.S. Note to businesses: don't piss off marketing people. They know how to get the word out."

Now I have to spend some time making sure everyone knows that DirecTV mended my frustration. It's ridiculous that you have to be a squeaky wheel to get good service, but that just seems to be the way of the world these days.

No comments: