Wednesday, January 14, 2009

WAKE UP Post: Anti-human

Go away you's that are sick, you's that are tired, you's that are poor...

I'm in my anti-human phase--tired of this planet and ready for a new one--which comes about once in awhile when I really have to focus on something important. I don't fully focus on myself very often, but this book that I've been writing has been consuming. The more I write, the more I realize what I'm trying to say.

It's a drug, this writing stuff. Gimme mo!'

This focus-on-myself phase often manifests itself in the real world as an I-don't-give-a-flying-fook attitude. And, come on, we all know that's exactly what it is.

I need a haircut, but why? Let it grow. Let yourself flow. Slow & lo.
I need to shave, but why? Grizzle my chinizzle.
I need to air out the boy-smell in my condo, but why? It's my cave.

I read. I write. I watch. I welcome the insanity of the task.

No comments: