How do u scrub the inside of a carafe-style decanter?
Here's the deal... friends, including @tessk, came over a few weeks ago for a chat about life, love, work... you know, general bitchfest kinda stuff. We polished off... four, yeah, I think four bottles of wine. I decanted the first one, but then forgot to rinse the decanter. Seeing how I was hung over pretty much the whole next day, the wine in the bottom of the decanter dried up and it's impossible to get anything into the opening on that sucker.
I first tried soaking. That didn't work. So, I asked my Twitterati for help... these are the responses that I received:
- Call Mom, she will know what to do.
- Bottle brush.
- In the coffee section of the store, they sell this stuff that you poor in and let it soak, I'm sure that would do the trick. Works on coffee pots like a dream.
- Throw it away and buy a new one.
- Pour in a little borax and then add some ice cubes. Then swish it around by spinning the decanter in your hand.
- Add vinegar to the soak mix.
- Try lemon juice and popcorn or rice for an abbrasive. put in some lemon juice, swirl to coat sides, put in a bit of rice or popping corn and shake shake shake. Let's just say that this is an effective way to clean "other" glass things that get sticky dirty "stuff" in them after prolonged use
What would you do?
Posted a picture of the solution!