Sunday, April 26, 2009

All Aboard!

It's kinda hard to make a 7:45am 4-miler when you wake up at 7:30am. Oh well. I jumped out on my own run at 7:45 and eventually ended up running the last mile of the KC Trolley Run backwards (which is uphill, ack) until I saw my sis, then I turned and led her home on that last mile.

I'd not seen this particular run before, so it was great to see so many people out there! And, I'm super proud of my sis for becoming a runner after having always been an elliptical trainer chica.

I'm a soccer guy myself, so I have a tendency to run too fast for distance. I'm that walk/jog/run person that passes you and then you pass me back. :-) But, the energy from the crowds at the 5k and 4-mile races is too much fun to pass up. Plus, now that I'm back home in KC, I run into a bunch of friends during the races. WOOT!

See you at the next race?

No comments: