Wednesday, January 26, 2011

12/64: Brooklyn Follies

Cover of Cover of The Brooklyn Follies: A NovelBrooklyn Follies by Paul Auster, 3.5/5 Stars
Entertained Me: High, Made Me Think: Med

I did the calculation the other day; I must read 20 books in the first two months of the year to make up for last year's -12 and get on track for this year's 52. So far, so good.

I regard this Auster book as my first true Auster read. The novella that I'd read previously was, basically, pointless to me. This novel was very easy to read, entertaining, and colorful. It had great character development and a story line that led me turning page after page, chapter after chapter until it was done. One asterisk in my notes... what was Auster trying to say? The last few pages made me ponder that mark that I want to leave (and the lack of a mark that most people leave) on the world when their life has ended. For me, I have a story to tell, and I hope my story makes people think.

READ MORE!
Follow us at the Twitter hashtag #52bks52wks!

Book #11 = Travels in the Scriptorium by Paul Auster, 1/5 Stars
Book #10 = American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis, 3/5 Stars
Book #09 = Water for Elephants: A Novel by Sara Gruen, 4.5/5 Stars
Book #08 = The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson, 3/5 Stars
Book #07 = The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson, 5/5 Stars
Book #06 = What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Murakami, 4/5 Stars
Book #05 = Existentialism by Steven Earnshaw, 1/5 Stars
Book #04 = The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav, 1/5 Stars
Book #03 = The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, 5/5 Stars
Book #02 = The Zen of Social Media Marketing by Shama Kabani, 2/5 Stars
Book #01 = Here Comes Everybody by Clay Shirky, 3/5 Stars

See 2010's list of 40 books...
See 2009's list of 53 books...
Enhanced by Zemanta