Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mobile Ads & Alerts

4INFO, one of my former haunts, had an interesting ad in a text alert that they sent me last night announcing another loss for my beloved Royals.
"*DRIVE SMART! AVOID FLOODED WASHES/ROADS!"
It's a branding message because there is no link, but there's also no brand. So, I suppose it's simply public awareness, but who's paying for it? And, knowing that 4INFO can target ads geographically (although I'm a Missouri resident with a San Diego area code), I'm wondering if that aspect is coming into play at all. Perhaps my peeps at FINFO will provide some insight.

For all my renewed Mid-western friends, you need to set up your free MU/KU/KC text alerts NOW!
  1. Address a text message to 4-4-6-3-6, which spells 4-I-N-F-O on your phone.
  2. In the body of the message, type "alert missouri tigers" or "alert kansas jayhawks" or "alert kc chiefs" to have scores automatically texted to your phone.
  3. If you want to get alerts more often, like every time the score changes, visit http://4info.net, sign in and set alerts to your heart's content!
If you have any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to assist!

No comments: