Tuesday, March 10, 2009

10/52: "The Finder" by Colin Harrison

Book #10 = "The Finder" by Colin Harrison, 3.5/5 Stars
Not much in the way of mindfood, but his style of writing is fluid and entertaining... great at giving the visual feel of the people and places in the text. I like that he writes with a more complex vocabulary than most mainstream writers, such as Grisham (who bores me to tears), and I even giggled a few times when he worked the definition of a not-oft-used word into the normal run of character conversation.

BTW, the 10th week of the year ends tomorrow, so I'M ON TRACK!

GOAL: 52 books in 52 weeks!

Book #9 = "Veronika Decides To Die" by Paulo Coelho, 1/5 Stars
Book #8 = "By The River Piedra I Sat Down & Wept" by Paulo Coelho, 3/5 Stars
Book #7 = "Stiff" by Mary Roach, 2/5 Stars
Book #6 = "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, 1/5 Stars
Book #5 = "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy, 3/5 Stars
Book #4 = "Eleven Minutes" by Paulo Coelho, 2/5 Stars
Book #3 = "The Good Guy" by Dean Koontz, 3/5 Stars
Book #2 = "My Ishmael" by Dan Quinn, 2/5 Stars

Book #1 = "The Zahir" by Paulo Coelho, 3.5/5 Stars

READ!

No comments: