Thursday, July 16, 2009

Speaking of Playing vs. Winning...

Having my own morning full of trial and error, which I don't mind at all. I've been meaning to try out Disqus on my blog ever since I first read about it on Fred Wilson' AVC Blog (an amazing read, btw). What is Disqus, you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked...
Disqus (pronounced "discuss) enhances the comment system on blogs so that they can be threaded. In addition, it also allows me to comprehensively add connect APIs so that you can comment under the guise of your Facebook profile, et al.
Since I've been more actively blogging, I've seen pageviews increase and, likewise, comments. Before we explode in the comment unisphrere I thought it'd be a good idea to try this now, rather than later.

These types of things hit my limit of technical knowledge; I know just enough to get myself in trouble. So, for me, it comprises a learning experience where I seriously hope I don't blow something up. We've been talking about winning and losing... blowing this blog up would be a big LOSS, but I'd learn from it greatly and continue to play the game with my newfound knowledge! I'm not afraid of failure; it's a learning opportunity.

I've been getting many great comments from readers about how much they enjoy reading my posts. I thank you all and invite you to leave a quick comment on THIS post so that I can test whether I like the Disqus platform or not.

So tell me, do you like what the bigBADbobby has to say? (Be nice)