Wednesday, March 17, 2010

12/52: The Shadow of the Wind

12/52: The Shadow of the Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, 3/5 Stars
An enjoyable read, but it really took a detour on me at the end... instead of a process of discovery, the entire search was revealed via one long letter; seems to me to be the easy way out of the whole story. And, when you add this amazing ability to determine whether a girl is pregnant one day after she's had sex... well, I wonder what's in the water there in early 1900's Barcelona. So like I said, enjoyable read, but didn't give me the amazing story that I was looking for based on the great remarks that so many friends had predicted. I think it's time to go back to reading some business books... perhaps I suffer from too many love stories in a row.

READ MORE!


Book #11 = Maggie by Charles Martin, 4/5 Stars
Book #10 = The Dead Don't Dance by Charles Martin, 3/5 Stars
Book #09 = Duma Key by Stephen King, 2.5.5 Stars

Book #08 = Every Woman Has a Story by
Daryl Ott Underhill, 2/5 Stars
Book #07 = Wrapped in Rain by Charles Martin, 3/5 Stars
Book #06 = Maybe (Maybe Not) by Robert Fulghum, 4/5 Stars
Book #05 = The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt, 1/5 Stars
Book #04 = The Rules of Attraction by Bret Easton Ellis, 2/5 Stars
Book #03 = Education of a Wandering Man by Louis L'Amour, 3/5 Stars
Book #02 = The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson, 3/5 Stars

Book #01 = Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis, 3/5 Stars

Follow us at the Twitter hashtag #52bks52wks!

See last year's list of 53 books...