Tuesday, February 24, 2009

6/52: "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez

Book #6 = "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, 1/5 Stars
Thank God this book ended before Fermina changed her mind again. I think, perhaps, the only way Garcia-Marquez could have saved a scathing review from me would have been to have Fermina's ear ache translate to some brain tumor that ended her life in an instant, falling over the edge of the river boat and Florentino, in an attempt to retrieve her limp body, drowned in the whirlpools of the river. I don't think I've ever read a more wishy-washy book about people that need to get over themselves and learn how to think in my life. FAIL.

GOAL: 52 books in 52 weeks!
Book #5 = "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy, 3/5 Stars
Book #4 = "Eleven Minutes" by Paulo Coelho, 2/5 Stars
Book #3 = "The Good Guy" by Dean Koontz, 3/5 Stars
Book #2 = "My Ishmael" by Dan Quinn, 2/5 Stars

Book #1 = "The Zahir" by Paulo Coelho, 3.5/5 Stars

No comments: