Thursday, May 06, 2010

19/52: Then We Came to the End

19/52: Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris, 1/5 Stars
I can hear the whispers from under the weight of my mouse. When I touch it, they stop. I roll it around in an attempt to squash them... FOREVER... sorry, sometimes I get a lil' crazy... SQUASH THEM because there are many of them and they grate on my consciousness to the point that I can't think--CAN'T THINK AT ALL--and I want to jump up on my desk in the middle of the day and stomp--STOMPSTOMPSTOMPSTOMP--this damn mouse into the ground and all the way to CHINA!

Okay, that paragraph I just wrote was infinitely more interesting than the entire 384 pages of this book. It was written, to me, in the vein of A Confederacy of Dunces, but ends up far from that mark.

READ MORE!


Book #19 = Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris, 1/5 Stars
Book #18 = On the Beach by Nevil Shute, 2.5/5 Stars
Book #17 = Sanibel Flats by Randy Wayne White, 3/5 Stars
Book #16 = The Wednesday Letters by Jason Wright, 4/5 Stars
Book #15 = The Art of Possibility by Rosamund Stone Zander, 3.5/5 Stars
Book #14 = Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss,
Book #13 = Captivate! by Adam Nisenson, 2/5 Stars
Book #12 = Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, 3/5 Stars
Book #11 = Maggie by Charles Martin, 4/5 Stars
Book #10 = The Dead Don't Dance by Charles Martin, 3/5 Stars
Book #09 = Duma Key by Stephen King, 2.5.5 Stars

Book #08 = Every Woman Has a Story by
Daryl Ott Underhill, 2/5 Stars
Book #07 = Wrapped in Rain by Charles Martin, 3/5 Stars
Book #06 = Maybe (Maybe Not) by Robert Fulghum, 4/5 Stars
Book #05 = The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt, 1/5 Stars
Book #04 = The Rules of Attraction by Bret Easton Ellis, 2/5 Stars
Book #03 = Education of a Wandering Man by Louis L'Amour, 3/5 Stars
Book #02 = The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson, 3/5 Stars

Book #01 = Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis, 3/5 Stars

Follow us at the Twitter hashtag #52bks52wks!

See last year's list of 53 books...