Thursday, March 19, 2009

11/52: "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Neffenegger

Book #11 = "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger, 5/5 Stars
My reawakening is because of this book, "The Time Traveler’s Wife," and because of you. My heart is opening up, once again, to the prospects of love, to the idea of love, the pangs and passion of love. The roads that I'm traveling bring me nowhere closer to you, but at the same time, they are teaching me so much about you. For several days I couldn’t put this book down. At the end of five hundred plus pages, I'd become the main character, you'd become the love of my life; with all of our great ups and downs--more ups than downs--a lifeline extended from this book and plugged into my soul at the point where it called your name... from there onward, I laughed and ultimately cried... twice.

Lifeline connection? Yes, the point where the proof was evident that this book is analogous to who we were, are and will be together. It’s a feeling in the bones where they have been tuned and resonate all at once. WHAM! That point. “Oh shit,” I said, and you’ll say the same when you read it.

GOAL: 52 books in 52 weeks!

Book #10 = "The Finder" by Colin Harrison, 3.5/5 Stars
Book #9 = "Veronika Decides To Die" by Paulo Coelho, 1/5 Stars
Book #8 = "By The River Piedra I Sat Down & Wept" by Paulo Coelho, 3/5 Stars
Book #7 = "Stiff" by Mary Roach, 2/5 Stars
Book #6 = "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, 1/5 Stars
Book #5 = "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy, 3/5 Stars
Book #4 = "Eleven Minutes" by Paulo Coelho, 2/5 Stars
Book #3 = "The Good Guy" by Dean Koontz, 3/5 Stars
Book #2 = "My Ishmael" by Dan Quinn, 2/5 Stars

Book #1 = "The Zahir" by Paulo Coelho, 3.5/5 Stars

READ!

No comments: