Monday, March 30, 2009

12/52: "Fight Club" by Chuck Palahniuk

Book #12 = "Fight Club" by Chuck Palahniuk, 4.5/5 Stars
It was far too long for me to have waited to read this book. I'm a so-so fan of the movie, though I've seen it several times. Fortunately, visualizing the characters from the movie into the book doesn't take away from the story.

For me, the entire book is a journey into the darker reality that exists in my own mind. It's the sh1t that I don't let out except in my own writings... and, yes, I have a name for the darkness, but you will have to wait for my first book to come out to learn more about it.

Of all the quotables in "Fight Club," I take this Durden quote to heart:
“We are the middle children of history, raised by television to believe that someday we’ll be millionaires and movie stars and rock stars, but we won’t. And we’re just learning this fact,” Tyler said. “So don’t fuck with us.”

Well played.

GOAL: 52 books in 52 weeks!

Book #11 = "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger, 5/5 Stars
Book #10 = "The Finder" by Colin Harrison, 3.5/5 Stars
Book #9 = "Veronika Decides To Die" by Paulo Coelho, 1/5 Stars
Book #8 = "By The River Piedra I Sat Down & Wept" by Paulo Coelho, 3/5 Stars
Book #7 = "Stiff" by Mary Roach, 2/5 Stars
Book #6 = "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, 1/5 Stars
Book #5 = "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy, 3/5 Stars
Book #4 = "Eleven Minutes" by Paulo Coelho, 2/5 Stars
Book #3 = "The Good Guy" by Dean Koontz, 3/5 Stars
Book #2 = "My Ishmael" by Dan Quinn, 2/5 Stars

Book #1 = "The Zahir" by Paulo Coelho, 3.5/5 Stars

READ!

No comments: