Wednesday, April 08, 2009

13/52: "Love Is The Killer App" by Tim Sanders

Book #13 = "Love Is The Killer App" by Tim Sanders, 4/5 Stars
There were two reasons why I've had this book on my list for some time: 1). I worked with Tim and most of the people that he mentions during my broadcast.com/Yahoo! years, 2). I always heard that Tim had something to say and was someone to meet. Honestly, If we ever met, it was in passing... and my job during those years was to wage war with GeoCities in the battle to see who would ultimately lead the Yahoo! Small Business/Site Hosting division. It wasn't a pleasant time and I regret that I didn't focus more on being a "lovecat" by creating a reason to stay in touch with the amazing people I met. As Tim says in his book and I paraphrase here, "I'll try to make up for that the rest of my life and hopefully I will be a success."

The book is a great read, with simple strategies to employ simple concepts to, simply put, be a great success!

  • Nurture and share your knowledge and network with compassion.
  • "The purpose of collecting contacts is to give them away."
  • "The act of listening is absolutely critical to the act of connecting."
  • "Your business relationships have greater longevity when based on human feelings rather than circumstances."
GOAL: 52 books in 52 weeks!

Book #12 = "Fight Club" by Chuck Palahniuk, 4.5/5 Stars
Book #11 = "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger, 5/5 Stars
Book #10 = "The Finder" by Colin Harrison, 3.5/5 Stars
Book #9 = "Veronika Decides To Die" by Paulo Coelho, 1/5 Stars
Book #8 = "By The River Piedra I Sat Down & Wept" by Paulo Coelho, 3/5 Stars
Book #7 = "Stiff" by Mary Roach, 2/5 Stars
Book #6 = "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, 1/5 Stars
Book #5 = "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy, 3/5 Stars
Book #4 = "Eleven Minutes" by Paulo Coelho, 2/5 Stars
Book #3 = "The Good Guy" by Dean Koontz, 3/5 Stars
Book #2 = "My Ishmael" by Dan Quinn, 2/5 Stars

Book #1 = "The Zahir" by Paulo Coelho, 3.5/5 Stars

READ MORE!

No comments: