Saturday, May 16, 2009

21/52: "Wisdom 2.0" by Soren Gordhamer, 4/5 Stars

Book 21/52: "Wisdom 2.0" by Soren Gordhamer, 4/5 Stars
I'm not a self-help reader, largely because I can't stand reading books that tell me what I'm supposed to do... largely because I don't like being told what to do. So, I admit, I skimmed through the first 75 pages of this book, but then enlightenment occurred. I started to listen to what Gordhamer was saying. I turned off the iPod, found a place of serenity and engage in the act of reading. After all, if you're going to read, then read.

"In my experience, two states of mind often get in the way of any creative endeavor. The first is doubt. The other state of mind is unwavering certainty."

Once I'd found that the book had something to tell me, I started changing my behavior. When talking to someone, I talk to them. When reading, I leave my phone on vibrate and in another room. When writing, I turn off my internet connectivity. I like it and I don't get sucked into the distractions of another text or another email from Facebook.

Now, I will take three deep breaths before I move onto my next task... sending this book to three other people.

GOAL: 52 books in 52 weeks!

Book #20 = "Oath Of Gold" by Elizabeth Moon, 5/5 Stars
Book #19 = "The Age Of Engage" by Denise Shiffman, 3/5 Stars
Book #18 = "What I Wish I Knew When I Was 20" by Tina Seelig, 4/5 Stars
Book #17 = "Animal Farm" by George Orwell, 4/5 Stars
Book #16 = "Divided Allegiance" by Elizabeth Moon, 3/5 Stars
Book #15 = "The Curious Incident of the Dog..." by Mark Haddon, 2/5 Stars
Book #14 = "The Sheepfarmer's Daughter" by Elizabeth Moon, 3.5/5 Stars
Book #13 = "Love Is The Killer App" by Tim Sanders, 4/5 Stars
Book #12 = "Fight Club" by Chuck Palahniuk, 4.5/5 Stars
Book #11 = "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger, 5/5 Stars
Book #10 = "The Finder" by Colin Harrison, 3.5/5 Stars
Book #9 = "Veronika Decides To Die" by Paulo Coelho, 1/5 Stars
Book #8 = "By The River Piedra I Sat Down & Wept" by Paulo Coelho, 3/5 Stars
Book #7 = "Stiff" by Mary Roach, 2/5 Stars
Book #6 = "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, 1/5 Stars
Book #5 = "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy, 3/5 Stars
Book #4 = "Eleven Minutes" by Paulo Coelho, 2/5 Stars
Book #3 = "The Good Guy" by Dean Koontz, 3/5 Stars
Book #2 = "My Ishmael" by Dan Quinn, 2/5 Stars

Book #1 = "The Zahir" by Paulo Coelho, 3.5/5 Stars

READ MORE!

No comments: